How to Live an Unhappy Life
- Use your success to buy loneliness: big, suburban houses; exotic vacations; expensive cars that isolate your from public transportation.
Things that reduce the odds of long-term success:
- Saying yes to too many things.
- Making excuses..
- Staying up late.
- Eating poorly.
- Checking email first thing in the AM.
- Working more to fix being busy.
- Buying things you don’t have the money for.
- Staying in a relationship when you’re not happy.
- Neglecting relationships that you take for granted.
- Focusing on yourself.
- Addiction to substances.
- Excessive leverage.
- Live a sedentary life.
- Stop searching for purpose.
- Don’t take needed breaks.
- Eat when you aren’t hungry.
- Avoid vegetables.
- Ignore your family.
- Hang out with friends who drag you down.
Don’t be on your deathbed someday, having squandered your one chance at life, full of regret because you pursued little distractions instead of big dreams.